In response to the impacts on Micro & Small Businesses as a result of COVID-19, the Queensland Government has announced the release of its limited-time Small Business Adaption Grant.
Applications for the grant are now open, with the program aiming to support micro & small businesses subject to closure or highly impacted by COVID-19 shutdown restrictions to adapt & sustain their operations, and build towards recovery.
Small Business Adaption Grant - Details
The available grant amount is up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business, and can be used towards the following:
- Financial, legal, or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification;
- Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification;
- Building the business through marketing & communication activities - for example: content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual & audio media, etc.);
- Digital/technological strategy development;
- Digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models;
- Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safe requirements;
- Specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online;
- Meeting business costs - including utilities, rent.
It is important to note that the program budget is limited, with applications for the Grant closing once funding is fully allocated. It is estimated that approximately 10,000 small & micro businesses will be supported through the program.
Program/Grant Eligibility Criteria
To eligible, the business must:
- Have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by QLD Chief Medical Officer on 23 March 2020.
- Demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19.
- Employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant.
- Have a valid ABN active as at 23 March 2020.
- Be registered for GST.
- Have a Queensland headquarters.
- Have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last Financial Year.
- Have a payroll less than $1.3 million.
- Not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are undischarged bankrupt
How to Apply?
For further information, please refer to: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/adaption
To apply, follow the link: https://dtesb.smartygrants.com.au/adapt.
For More Information
For more information or to discuss how we can be of assistance, please contact the Archer Gowland office on (07) 3002 2699.